Since raising our first Opportunity Fund in 2009, we have focused on a special situations strategy of investing. We operate differently from traditional venture funds in that we provide late-stage medical device and diagnostic companies with creative financing solutions that address both their capital needs and syndicate risk. We believe our strategy provides an excellent risk/return profile. SightLine Partners seeks to invest in and assist high-quality companies in the MedTech space, while stabilizing syndicates and driving returns for its investors.
We can get involved in financing a company through a broad range of investment structures including, but not limited to:
- Direct secondary purchases of securities held by current shareholders where we provide full or partial liquidity
- Innovative structures that offer various financial alternatives to:
- Existing syndicate member(s) as part of an insider-supported financing round or an outside VC-led round, including bridge financing
- Companies seeking growth capital beyond the capacity of the current syndicate
- Companies with existing structured debt or royalty based financing which need an infusion of additional equity to achieve milestones and an exit